A card is a sheet of material that serves as an entry point to more detailed information.
Cards may contain a photo, text, and a link about a single subject. They may display content containing elements of varying size, such as photos with captions of variable length.
Use a card layout when displaying content that:
- As a collection, comprises multiple data types, such as images, movies, and text
- Does not require direct comparison (a user is not directly comparing images or text)
- Supports content of highly variable length, such as comments
- Contains interactive content, such as +1 buttons or comments
- Would otherwise be in a grid list but needs to display more content to supplement the image